Friday, January 19, 2007

Vomit, Violence, and Underage Boys

Here we are in Day Two! I must say that our (well my) experience started out a little rough yesterday when they lost my Volunteer ID for the third time, and I had to wait in line for TWO hours for a new one. Then, once I got to the front of the line, they discovered that, wait, they DID have my picture afterall. Grr...

Today has been much better, however. We had our first shift (7:00 AM! And our hair froze into icicles on our way to work!!) at our theater, where we work with a bunch of old ladies and a girl who wears Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses indoors. Yeah, they "fun." However, we have GREAT managers this year (I say it because one of them is behind me, but I really do mean it) who feed us bagels and give us stickers. Yay!

Celebrity sightings have been small so far. I've been bragging that I made eye contact with Nick Cannon (Drumline!), and spoke to Paul Dano (Little Miss Sunshine). And by "talked," I mean that I said, "Yes, you can vote for your own movie." It was really meaningful.

We saw "Rocket Science" which was really cute and full of hot 15-year-old boys, which as some of you know, I am a big fan of. In fact, Joanna wants you to know that I might have said that I "like them small and pretty." Even without the youngins, this movie still beats the peeing and vomiting and raping involved in the Nick Cannon/Paul Dano film.

P.S. Joanna might have broken a bathroom in a bar on Main Street and then might have run away.

4 Comments:

Blogger Susannah said...

If you like "small and pretty," I'd suggest seeing History Boys. Forgive various aspects of plot and focus on the s&p.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You spoke to Paul Dano?!!! And you didn't molest him for me?!? I suppose he's too old for your liking, eh?

3:28 PM  
Blogger ash said...

oh my gosh...Paul Dano is brilliant, but the vomiting and raping doesn't sound so hot...ick!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home